Why do people choose Hot Dog products
All of our beds are designed to accommodate our specially designed heating system which supplies heat at the touch of a button which is ideal if your fur baby suffers from arthritis, hip dysplasia, joint or circulatory problems or for our golden oldies who may be starting to feel the affects of old age.
Our beds are proudly Made in Britain by a dedicated team in Yorkshire. Our products are durable as well as stylish and come in a range of tasteful fabric that are fully machine washable*.
Every person who works here at Hot Dog Pet Products are parents to all creatures great and small and we genuinely care that all our products are loved by parent and pet alike.
How it works
Why choose heat?
Just like us, animals can also suffer from conditions such as arthritis, hip dysplasia, recovery from surgery or injury, joint and circulatory problems or just the effects old age.
The application of heat is used to reduce stiffness and muscle spasms, increase blood flow and relieve pain. This can alleviate the symptoms of your dogs condition and speed up recovery after injury or surgery.
The system is pressure activated so when your dog lays on the bed the temperature will rise to the one set by you on the controller. When your pet leaves the bed, the temperature will return to an ambient level. There are 7 adjustable heat settings ranging from 25c to 55c, it comes with a washable cover and the pad itself can be cleaned with a damp cloth.
Hot Dog is different from other bed manufactures because we offer the unique feature of heat to your dogs’ bed. The heat system is mains powered and comes with 7 heat settings. To ensure the highest level of safety the heating system is CE Approved as well as RoHS certificated. We have also armoured the electrical cable with chew resistant metal and plastic to prevent your dog chewing through the wiring.
Hot Dog does recognise that this product is not 100% fail safe and we advise that if you have a dog that is prone to chewing, this may not be the right product for your pet. The heating system is low voltage with a thermostatic control to prevent overheating.
We are proud to state that our beds are made here in Britain, in Yorkshire to be exact. The family owned business employs a local workforce who are dedicated to producing products to the highest standard. Products are ethically sourced and we use recyclable materials wherever possible. All products also meet the British Furniture and Furnishings Fire and Safety Regulations.
• Use the recommended temperature by Veterinarians so the pad is warm to the touch but not hot
• Every pet has a different sensitivity to heat so please ensure your pet does not overheat as this can be dangerous to their health
• The soothing warmth has many benefits for your pet, it will help ease sore of aching muscles or joints while keeping the cosy and warm
• DO NOT allow your pet to lay directly on the heat pad, it must be used inside your specially designed pet bed
• For peace of mind the cable has been enclosed in an armoured cover protecting it against biting or chewing
• The adaptor is also low voltage to ensure safety
Please ensure you read all the instructions in full. Failure to do so may result in injury or fire.
• Read the instructions in full before using this product
• This product is for indoor use ONLY. DO NOT use outdoors
• Immediately switch off if there is any sign of the product overheating
• Ensure your pet does not get too warm, turn off or reduce the temperature if there are any signs of overheating
• Check for any visible damage such as tears, breaks or cracks, DO NOT use if any of these are evident
• DO NOT make any modifications to this product, this may increase the risk of electric shock or fire
• Only use this product with your pet bed, it is not designed to be used on its own
• DO NOT use any other electrical or heating item in conjunction with the Heat Pad
• DO NOT use anything to secure the pad in place, the bed has been designed to specifically hold the heat pad securely in place
• Place the power cord away from your pet for example behind the bed
• Not suitable for animals that are prone to chewing
• DO NOT submerge the pad in water
• Unplug the heat pad when not in use
Hot Dog products are designed, developed and manufactured to the highest possible standards. ALWAYS ensure you carefully read the instructions before operating this product.
Cleaning & Care Instructions
To clean you Heat Pad firstly ensure that it is turned off and unplugged from the mains socket. Remove the pad from the cover, the cover can be machine washed but must be completely dry before being put back onto the heat pad. The pad can be cleaned by using a clean damp cloth or sponge, do not submerge in water and do not cleaning products or chemicals. Wipe the pad dry before use. To store your heat pad ensure you store in a dry, cool place.